Your Best Learning Opportunities is an Internship at Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce
Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce has worked with over 250 students in our active Internship program. We seek to work with only the most serious students interested in obtaining a unique multi-cultural and business internship experience through research, community outreach, event management, marketing, business development, and education activities. Our VACC student Interns are those majored in business, marketing, or communications and related areas. We look for students interested in helping execute significant projects and events through:
- domestic and global community outreach
- events management – logistics
- journalism/public relations/entrepreneurship development/international business trade and investment
- graphic design/marketing
- business operations of a business trade association/membership service
Worksite location: Virtual or In-Office
At local office : Year round we meet downtown Richmond at VACC Office – 919 east main st, Richmond, on public bus line
- Student can also work part of the week from her-his home office ( flexible work schedule).
- Mentoring will be part of the internship.
- Virtual internship students participate in community projects statewide during 2020 and up to Summer 2021.
- Coaching and mentoring will be part of the internship.
- Job – Career education and referral.
# of Positions:
Virtual internship: Year round.
At the Richmond location site:
Schedule: between 10 am and 4 pm – Monday to Friday in Downtown Richmond on VCU bus line – 5- 10 hrs weekly – non paid internship.
3 -5 available positions year round.
Academic credit can be arranged. this intense internship as earned undergraduate and graduate students for academic credits at the 3.00 or 4.00 credit level classes, or direct study.
Intern Tasks Description:
VACC intern tasks will be customized for each student based on students major and interest- The majority of tasks are professional level- with emphasis on graphic design using photo shop – adobe- research- website maintenance (using WordPress ) – social media- event management-with supervisor ‘s guidance and coaching.
Sophomore level and up – graduate and undergraduate college students majored in all majors related to business- management- finance- liberal arts- communications- journalism- international studies. Must have lap tops. Microsoft suite * Photo shop Adobe and graphic design skills highly preferred.
Exposure to statewide Asian American business membership-community, small business, corporate world, non profits, service agencies, embassies.