Virginia Asian Foundation Leadership
VAF Chairman of the Board
Tinh D. Phan, Chairman, PNC Group
1. Becky Merritt, Dominion
2. Irene Wong, Chinese-Asian community member
3. Dale Cannaday, Retired SunTrust Bank President
VAF Program Community Volunteers
Since 2004, VACC has successfully engaged the active participation of more than 400 volunteers statewide volunteers. VACC volunteers are:
- Leading Fortune 100 + corporate leaders
- Elected officials
- Statewide members of the academia
- Statewide selected members of the Asian community
- Asian entrepreneurs
- Pan Asian professionals
- Asian American students and students from mainstream Virginia public and private colleges and universities
VAF Program Committees
VAF Program Committees are task forces under the leadership of the VAF Administrator.
Task forces are established on an on-going and flexible matter. Committees meet on an as needed basis to further promote the growth of our educational programs. An umbrella of three (3) major VAF Program Committees governs twelve (12) committees and sub-committees.
VAF Professional Development Committee
The VAF Professional Development Committee seeks the active involvement of a businesses, public agencies, universities, and community leaders to help design our programming. We:
- Promote youth career development , career and industry information sharing from VACC corporate members
- Addresses the concerns of professional members while offering everyone excellent networking opportunities
- Host regional quarterly networking events with focus on Leadership and Excellence in Service
- Members include so far more than 100 young professors attending local and state universities.
VAF Education Development
The VAF Education Development Committee helps the Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce with the design of its technical assistance directions to help entrepreneurs meet the challenges of establishing, growing and expanding small businesses. Committee members work on the concerns of the entrepreneurs in small business growth and development. Three sub-committees support the VAF Education Mission:
1. Industry Council Education Development Sub-Committee
The Industry Council Education Development Committee helps the Asian Chamber with tracking important key industry trends, issues, and solutions in architecture, engineering, and construction trades.
2. International Education Sub-Committee
This Committee has given inputs and insights to help the Asian Chamber develop international education seminars, or forums, annually. We work with local, state, and international partners such as Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN), Sister Cities International, and City of Richmond (Virginia) Sister Cities Commission to promote global diplomacy and commerce. VAF Leadership has been playing a key role in the Richmond Sister Cities Commission working with 6 global cities since 2003 to help advance the global image of Richmond, Virginia.
3. The Student Scholarship Development Sub-Committee
The VAF Student Scholarship Development Committee supports the Student Scholarship program. Committee members help the Scholarship with raising scholarship funds and encouraging qualified students to apply for the scholarship awards program.