Since 2004, VACC has successfully engaged the active participation of more than 100 statewide volunteers.
VACC volunteers are top leaders of:
- Fortune 100 and 500 firms
- Inc. 500 firms
- Corporate Members
- Chairman/CEO of top Virginia companies
- Supply diversity officers
- Contract managers
- Project managers
- Local, state, federal government agency leaders
- Elected officials, entrepreneurs
- Statewide members of the academia
- Statewide Asian community
- Other business leaders
- Asian entrepreneurs
- Pan Asian professionals
- Asian American and other students from participating Virginia public and private colleges and universities
VACC Program Committees are task forces under the leadership of the VACC Executive Director. Task forces are established on an on-going and flexible matter. Committees meet on an as needed basis to further promote the growth of the Asian Chamber‘s various business development initiatives.
The mission of all VACC Committees is to support the Asian Chamber in event planning, help give ideas on developing and designing programs, projects, and initiatives to benefit members, increase new business leads for members, student scholarship development, business education development, leadership awards development, and fund raising.
We do this by incorporating statewide volunteers and experts, and thought leasers’ ideas, suggestions, and connections. The bottom line is to help the Chamber increase our multi-state membership to 1000 members by the end of each year.
An umbrella of three (3) major Program Committees governs twelve committees and sub-committees.
VACC Entrepreneurship Development Committees
The Entrepreneur Development Committee supports emerging and existing businesses by providing VACC members with needed technical assistance, counseling, referrals to resources to help VACC members meet the challenges of establishing, growing and expanding small businesses.
The Committee educates, promotes strategic alliances, and addresses the concerns of VACC members while offering everyone excellent networking opportunities.
1. VACC Industry Council Committee
The Industry Development Committee helps VACC design and generate industry awareness through events and seminars on important industry trends, issues and solutions. It offers VACC members an opportunity to exchange their ideas, experiences and concerns and creates an environment for businesses to share information about resources, methodologies and tools. In a nutshell, the Committee helps VACC to develop a focused industry networking group to grow a target industry.
2. The VACC’s B2G Business Development Committee
The Asian Chamber’s B2G Committee helps the VACC formulate business development opportunities for VACC members and Asian business community at large with the federal government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and other local and regional government entity buyers. The Committee often makes energy expert speakers recommendations who offer our members with updates on critical trends in the industry at our annual procurement conference and statewide “Meet The Buyers” forums, and other events statewide.
3. VACC International Business Promotion
Through hosted and co hosted seminars, meetings, events, the committee helps promote Virginia’s small business community to an international audience. Since 2004, this Committee has helped VACC develop, host, and co-host more than 10 international business seminars, forums, conferences annually.
The VACC Pan Asian Professional Development
The Pan Asian Professional Development Committee supports emerging our Pan Asian professional members and the young Pan Asian professionals at-large by providing them with direct counseling, referrals to resources to help the Asian professionals to grow in their career, meet the challenges of today complex workplace, resolve conflict, seek assistance in answering business immigration questions and procedures, and /or choosing entrepreneurship tract.
The Career Connect program designs activities which promotes Pan Asian American career development growth, jobs and career information sharing from VACC corporate members, and addresses the concerns of VACC professional members while offering everyone excellent networking opportunities.
VACC Program Committees
VACC Program Committees are made up by a combination of VACC Chairman, Board members, officers, entrepreneurs, and high level senior executives who are called on to serve the following 12 committees:
- The Marketing Development Committee (VACC Executive Director, selected technology and marketing specialists, local, state, and federal agency partners)
- The Membership Development Committee (VACC Executive Director, Selected Program Committee Members)
- The Statewide Asian Business and Entrepreneurship Program Development Committee (VACC Chairman, VACC Executive Director, volunteer entrepreneurs, corporate members, supply diversity personnel)
- The Annual Asian Chamber Gala Development Planning Committee ( Selected VACC Program Committee Members, corporate members, professionals, Asian and Non Asian community volunteers)
- The Annual ProcureCon Asia Event Planning ( Selected VACC Committee Members and volunteer entrepreneurs, corporate leaders, local, state, and federal agency partners, and contract specialists)
- The Asian Government Affairs Committee (VACC Chairman , selected VACC Members, Asian attorneys, Asian community volunteers)
- The Annual Asian Legislative Affairs Committee (Selected VACC Program Committee Members, selected VACC Members, Asian attorneys)
- The Asian Student Scholarship Committee (VACC Board Members, Academia)
- The Northern Virginia, Central Virginia, and Hampton Roads Membership Development (VACC Executive Director, VACC Corporate VACC Members, and VACC Regional Directors)
- The Pan Asian Architect/Engineering Industry Development Committee (VACC Executive Director, VACC Chairman, Selected Board Members, VACC corporate members, and state and federal government leaders, and selected VACC Program Committee Members)
- The Pan Asian Construction Industry Development Committee (VACC Executive Director, VACC Chairman, Selected Board Members, VACC corporate members, and state and federal government leaders, and selected VACC Program Committee Members)
- The Pan Asian Professional Development Committee (VACC Executive Director, and selected VACC Asian and non Asian professionals, VACC corporate members)
VACC Program Sub-committees
VACC Program Sub-Committees are working committees staffed by industry specialist volunteers, government and business leaders, selected VACC members, and selected VACC Program committee members who staff these committees on an as-needed basis. These are statewide planning committees and they include:
- The Statewide Asian Business Program Development Sub-Committee (Reporting to the Statewide Asian Business Development Program Committee)
- The Annual Asian Chamber Gala Development Sub-Committee (Reporting to the Annual Asian Gala Planning Committee)
- The Annual ProcureCon Asia Event Planning Sub-Committee (Reporting to the Annual ProcureCon Planning Committee)
- The Annual Asian Legislative Affairs Event Planning Sub-Committee (Reporting to the Government Affairs Committee)
- The Asian Business-Cultural Development Sub-Committee (Reporting to the Annual Asian Gala Planning Committee)
- The Pan Asian Professional Development Sub-Committee supports emerging Asian professionals (Reporting to the Career Connect Planning Committee)