As Asian immigrants moved to Virginia for many of the same reasons as people born in other areas of the United States (friendly business climate and abundant opportunities and good education) and as Virginia’s immigrants are critical contributors to the Commonwealth’s economy, Asian immigrants in the U.S and Virginia today are adapting well in the United States and making sizable contribution to the state’s economy, and as most are doing well but they can do much better with support, on June 3, 2004, VACC Founder Tinh Duc Phan, an immigrant from Vietnam founded the “Asian American Business Assistance Center” (AABAC) located in Ashland with office in Richmond.
On July 1, 2011, the Richmond operation became statewide with offices in Chantilly, Charlottesville, then Newport News. Beginning 2012, other offices followed with representatives and monthly events in Ashburn, Herndon, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach.
The statewide VACC Board and Committees are charged by statute with the missions of operating an Asian American business advocacy organization for the benefit of the Asian American entrepreneurship development, providing high quality business services, activities, and events in close affiliation with community partners and the government agencies at all levels.
- The aspiring goal of the Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce is to be ” The Voice of Asian American Businesses” in Virginia with members from 6 U.S states as of 2020-2021: Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, making VACC a Mid ATlantic Chamber of Commerce.
- We offer services that encompasses the advocacy, business development solutions (One on one referrals and match making) and capability development rendered to our members.
- The services and activities of VACC are governed by various program committees which are interconnected by a selected number of champion and directors seats.
- Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce through the Virginia Asian Foundation provides a unified source of comprehensive, coordinated business services and solutions to all VACC members and the Asian American businesses across the Commonwealth as required.
1. Tinh D. Phan, Founder and Chairman, Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce and CEO/Chairman, PNC Group, (Vietnam) – Central Virginia
2. My Lan Tran, Executive Director, Board Director, Officer & Representative of all Regions (Vietnam) – Central Virginia
3. Dr. Kajal Kapur, President, Kapur Environmental Services, South West Virginia Board Director and Officer (India) – South West Virginia
4. Michael Chinn, President, Private Wealth Resources, Hampton Roads Office Board Director (China) – Southosde Virginia
5. Christine Do, CEO, Soft Tech, NOVA- Chantilly NOVA Office Board Director and Officer (Vietnam) – Northern Virginia
Directors At Large
1. Edward Usita, Edward Travels – Non Voting Director at Large – Hampton Roads-South Side (The Philippines) – The HAmpton Roads
2. Johnson Thankachan -Richmond – Non Voting Director at Large- Central Virginia (India) – Central Virginia
3. Srini Bayiereddi, CEO, Navitas Consulting – Top Inc. 1000 for 7 consecutive years – Non Voting Director at Large – Mid Atlantic-NOVA (MD-VA-DC) (India) – Northern Virginia -The Mid Atlantic
1. Robyn Snyder, Supplier Diversity Director, Lockheed Martin, Mid Talantic (MD-VA-DC)
2. Queen Crittendon, Civil Rights Manager, Virginia Department of Transportation, Hampton Roads
3. Ron Gartska, Retired, Dominion Energy, Central Virginia
4. Dr. Van R. Wood, Marketing Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University, State of Virginia
- My Lan Tran, CeD, CVET, CITS, Executive Director – Mid Atlntic
- Patrick Jocson, Program Assistant – Central Virginia
- Ariane De Sousa, Research Assistant -Northern Virginbia -The Mid Atlantic
- Noah Koh, Marketing Assistant – Northern Virginbia -The Mid Atlantic
Special Statewide Regional Project Leaders
- Aish Balagopal- Marketing Director, NBJ Architecture – Central Virginia Regional Leader (India)
- Apaarna Vinod, CEO, Pan Asian Staffing, Loudoun County – NOVA Regional Leader (India)
- Robin Chen, CEO, EXIT Real Estate – Hampton Roads Leader (China)
- Sayera Paveen, President, Community Capital – Muslim Business Community ( Muslim)